Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April!!! Where did it go???

I can't believe we are completing the fourth month of the year 2011.  I thought I would have accomplished more by now, I am finding that to be the usual scenario around here. 


  The daffodils have bloomed and shriveled and last year's garden debris still surrounds them.  Half of the beds are cleaned, but that still leaves the other half.  The birds have had some wonderful nesting material though.  We did cut down the obnoxious apple tree that produced worthless apples.  I didn't like doing it as a number of birds liked it, but enough was enough.  I was also loosing the sun in the flower bed. 

 I had great plans to work on more mixed media projects, several friends and I were going to hold one another accountable to work on different techniques in dyeing and mixed media.  The only positive thing I can say about that is that they have found little time to do them as well.  I will say they get more done than I do though, just not our challenges, but it makes me feel a little better.   
 
I was going to draw as well.  I have done a little of that, but darned little.  I will travel to Oregon in a months time with another friend and undertake Drawing II in Hollis Masterclass series.  And yes, I will be in class # 7 next year in TX, but I do things a little backward most of the time.  Nothing new here!!! 

I started the Artful Journaling class with Laure Ferlita .  I have come to the conclusion that is where my watercolor endeavors are going to stay for awhile, journal pages.  Here again, I was taking classes that come after these basic classes.  Ah well.  This is the latest page I painted.  Have another one I did from the England class that hasn't been posted anywhere yet, not even in the class blog.


In catching up on my e-mail this morning, I read a note from Robert Genn's newsletter, about working on small projects, one after the other.  Learning what works, what doesn't, moving on, failing and learning.  And anyone who knows me, knows I start a lot of things and seldom finish them unless they really turn me on and I have dabbled in a number of things over the years.  It made sense to me, maybe I am on to something?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I had been thinking about changing the name of my blog.  I have come across a number of catchy names and thought "I Started..." was a little hum drum, but I think I will leave as is for now.  It still fits perfectly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment