Friday, October 25, 2013

Fall colors

 The backyard is full of color this fall.

  This photo shows the Hawthorne, Red Oak and Cottonwood.  The Red Oak seldom has this nice of color, another time was when we built the sun room on 17 years ago.  

 This might be the last year for the Hawthorne as half of it is dead.  I am in hopes it will come back, next spring will be the deciding factor.

  The Red Oak, again.  We also have Burr Oaks, but they generally have brown leaves.  There is a hint of color in them this fall, but a cold front is coming in next week so that will probably turn the leaves brown.  

  I feel like we didn't have much of a summer, dealing with all the building. And now we are half way through fall, speeding toward the cold months of winter. I am in hopes the windows will be fixed soon so that winter stays outside. 

 And on the window note, an engineer is coming all the way from Iowa next week to look at them. Some how I am suppose to be impressed with that "all the way from IA" part.  Heck, that was an easy drive last fall when we went to the quilt show in Des Moines.  All I have to say is that it is about time someone got out here.  

This last photo is of the Aspen.  I am the most thrilled to see it dressed in pale yellow as it is one of the two times they have been anything to look at in the fall.  Brown is their usual dress color.  

Hope to post a few photos of the studio this weekend.  It is finally coming together, I am hoping by the end of next week I have moved most everything from the studio and some of the items from the sewing room in the basement.    

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read of your problems with the Anderson windows. I haven't had that problem with my Anderson windows but do have it with my Pella Patio window. Maybe it depends on the day of the week they make them. seriously, hope they can solve the problems for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both. Still waiting for the engineer from IA to find his way out here.

    ReplyDelete