Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It is COLD!!!

I have friends who grew up in Canada and who live in Canada and some from MN and ND.  They don't have a problem with this weather we are currently having, but I do!!  -12F and -40F with the wind chill factored in is too darned cold for me!!  I am a wimp and proud of it.  Come on, when exposed skin can freeze in 5 to 10 minutes!!! 
 
I did go out yesterday and I did get a perm and do my assignment for Jane's class.  We were to go out, sketch and paint in public at a coffee shop.  So I did.  I did the background and writing at home.  I even penciled in the writing before inking and I still couldn't follow the lines and messed up the 'chill' because I was 'chilled'.  The experience of sketching and painting in public wasn't as bad as I thought it might be and it is true, people just ignore you.

The studio froze up through all of this lovely weather.  Thought I had left the water dripping, but apparently not.  Hope the it will thaw out without any major hassles.

3 comments:

  1. I am proud of you...taking your work out in public! :o) I love your drawing-very fitting for February. I'm not sure if you remember my idea from Christmas, but I want to seriously talk about it sometime...already have some title ideas and thoughts in my head. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, sounds good. I like you new photo id.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So am I Maria. Trying to catch up, not sure I will make it. Still have to get that museum assignment completed and we get another one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete