Wednesday, July 31, 2013

End of July

Front entry, roof shingled
 Thought I should do a little bit of catch up and post one last post before this month was over.  

  They have been busy this past month and waiting on different things throughout the month and we are still waiting for a front door. There should be a before and after photo today with the front door in the area of the place where the two wraps meet, but it is missing.

  We are waiting for an electrical inspection.  Probably the less said about that, the better.  And when that is complete, we will be ready for the insulation in the walls and the ceiling.  So everything is at a stand still until he shows up and puts his stamp of approval on everything.  

  The windows were put in about 10 days ago.  We have had some very large trucks in the yard during this project. I have seen some pretty good drivers as they maneuvered their rigs around in a small area.  

The "WALL" is down
 The "WALL" was officially taken down today and a beam was put in place to span that area.  When I saw the date of production on it, I thought it was a good omen as that is Jennifer's birthday.  It has always been a good day in my book.
And it is a very happy day and long awaited to see that wall out of there.

 I already mentioned that the front door didn't make an appearance today, hopefully next week on that.  

Dyeing room door
On the right was the view of the front door this morning, it is no longer there.  We put it in a little over 5 years and it is in good condition so we thought might as well use it for the dyeing room door.  Which everyone refers to as the "kitchen" when talking about that room.  I do brew some things up when dyeing, so I guess that will be okay for now.  The door was re-located to the dyeing room and will now be the door I go out when I want to hang things on the line or dye something outside.  And that was another thing that made my day today!! I finally have a door in the dyeing room.  

And last, but not least, the garlic has been curing over the last few weeks.  Once again I missed out digging it when I should have, so that will be something to improve upon next year.  I thought I had read one thing, but that was not correct.  I am slowly learning about this stuff.  I need to take notes on which ones I will not raise again.  I wanted to taste each after they had cured.  

  We did have a couple of ears of sweet corn for supper last night.  Hopefully we can eat it faster than the coyotes as it matures.  They are tearing the stalks over, ripping ears off, etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment