Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow dyeing


Since it snowed the other day, I decided to try snow dyeing. A number of the gals on Dyehard have been doing this all winter and I thought this might be my last chance. Actually it is my last chance until next fall if we get snow then.

So I put plastic across the table in the studio, rounded up box lids to put the fabric on, mixed dyes, soaked fabric and gathered snow. The results will be seen tomorrow. They need to batch overnight.

I couldn't resist peaking at one, the royal blue and wisteria, didn't turn out too bad. The proof is in the washing though. Some have already been overdyed and some are just sitting there on the table waiting until tomorrow. I will post the results.

1 comment:

  1. WOW you sure did get some snow. We got lucky and had only rain and wind with the temps in the mid 40's.

    Can't wait to see the finished pieces I bet they turned out great!!!!

    ReplyDelete