Monday, February 16, 2009

Fabric



On the last day of our color class, we went to a quilt shop in New Braunfels. A very nice quilt store called The Oak Leaf Quilt Shop. Anyone who would allow 15 women to invade their store, run around pulling bolts of fabric from the shelves are wonderful.

We were to bring a piece of fabric we loved or hated, but didn't know what to do with it. I brought the fabric in the center of the photo, a piece I had hand dyed. I am very fond of this piece and was curious to see how commercial fabrics would work with hand dyed fabric. It was actually one of the easier pieces of fabric to come up with other fabric to enhance it. So I purchased the three pieces we came across and plan on using them to make a small piece. I also want to use the fabric I originally dyed to go with the center piece, as soon as I find it in the sewing room that is currently in a "state of reorganization". I think that sounds better than utter chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment