Monday, January 5, 2009

What's in a bag???




A bag is a handy item to have, a multi-purpose bag is great!!!! This bag is made of heavy canvas, reinforced with a plastic coating and is wonderful if one is involved in quilt making and has a need to haul things around to classes or retreats.


I received this bag last Christmas and I have had to protect it more than once, so it has been deemed an excellent bag by the quilters that I know. Hmmmmm, perhaps I should get my name on it someplace?????


It is nice and roomy and is capable of carrying lots of things. It went to Paducah this spring full of quilt sandwiches. This fall there was an iron, small cutting mat, rulers, rotary cutter, scissors, pack of sewing items, fabric, a small wall hanging, instructions for a quilt top, handouts and a roll of paper towels for a retreat our Guild conducted. I have packed it full of hand dyed fabric when bringing the fabric from the studio back over to the house. It is very useful.


Right now it is sitting on the dining room floor, waiting to be returned to the sewing room. I had taken it to Parker last week and tossed a few books into it---- Hot Textiles, The Painted Quilt, a couple of thr3fold journals, Ruth McDowell's Piecing and the American Quilter magazine. Hard to say what will go into it on the next trip, class or retreat or maybe it will have to stay at home in the sewing room???

1 comment:

  1. I just happen to know who purchased that bag for her and it was from Home Depot. I got it a couple of years ago, so I'm not sure if they still carry them.

    ReplyDelete